Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Saturday 11/14, Pablo writes



Saturday, CGS students traveled to Kojo High School to meet their beloved homestay’s. After a long day of traveling from IOX Wald, students arrived with unprecedented excitement. As it was the weekend, only the homestays and their parents were at school. There was a large greeting, and small speeches were made, but all of the students were dying to go home, and to hang out with their respective host-brother/sister. Personally, my student and I went on the train to a mall, to go shopping, which was a great icebreaker. “どこにありますか (where is this?)” was a sentence I would ask a lot, as my student knew his way around the mall. After buying presents for family, we returned home to have a common Japanese meal – おこのみやき (O-Ko-No-Mi-Ya-Ki) which is an omelet of cabbage, carrots and, bacon inside the egg. It was delicious, and I highly recommend to try making this meal at your own home, as it was very easy to do it with my host family! Afterwards, the jetlag got to me, as I immediately fell asleep in my room, having a great night of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment