Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday's Tour

The cutest puppy in the world, Elvis, trying on my new headphones for the trip. I think he can "pull them off" better than I can...
Weather Underground says we are here. Look at how far from Tokyo- no wonder we had to take a bullet train!
My cabin at IOX Wald. All of the cabins look very similar.
Breakfast consumed- ready to tour!
The main lodge, where breakfast and dinner were consumed together- like a big family!
The bridge to the village we went to in Gifu Prefecture. Temple of Doom anyone?
Looks like Norway, but it isn't!
A bell at a temple entrance
Scared me, I don't know about the crows though...
Welcome!
Lunch at a Japanese style cafeteria or "shokudou." Delicious!
Itadakimasu! Let's eat!
The carvings in here were really breathtaking and pricey- anywhere from $1000 to $30,000!

My good friend Godzilla
A temple called Zuisenji, in the same city
Supposedly the "longest bench in the world...."

No comments:

Post a Comment