Wednesday, November 18, 2015

On Tuesday, 11/17 Corry and Gabbi write



Today, the CGS students and the freshmen of Kojo High School went on a field trip to multiple colleges and universities in Japan, such as the Tokyo University of Science and Meiji University. Multiple groups went to different colleges, and each group went to two colleges each. The colleges would introduce what each of them specialized in, such as technology, law, etc. We were shown several classes, libraries, and other places around campus. We even got to eat lunch at the college's cafeteria! This field trip lasted the entire school day. I thought it was pretty nice, seeing what people do in college and what each one was all about. We got some information sheets and data books for each college, so those were full of all sorts of information for each college, which was nice! - Corry



On Tuesday night, I went to my host’s grandmother’s home to try on her kimono. I was surprised to see that all of the rooms were full of handmade yarn decorations and art pieces. My host Yurina, her little sister Mahiro, and I were allowed to dress up in the winter kimono. Afterwards, Yurina’s grandmother began to offer me many of the handmade decorations around her house. I tried to turn them down because I didn’t feel worthy of having them, but she insisted that I take them. She gave me a Japanese hanging decoration, kimono fabric, a fan, and many other things around her house. I was extremely grateful and didn’t expect her to be so kind and generous. - Gabbi


No comments:

Post a Comment